Wednesday was the last day of my library job (it was the end of the pay period in which I graduated and they were no longer allowed to have me on the payroll). But I've actually been crazy busy the last week or so, and will be through the weekend at least. I put in an application with the temp agency in town and they should be sending me out to places starting Monday, and I've also been doing a little bit of editing stuff on the side (articles, chapters of theses, stuff like that, for people that don't speak English as a first language).
But mostly, I've been making some noise on campus over this fair-contract business. My mom hasn't yet sent me the picture of my graduation hat, so I can't post it here, and we haven't yet...
--and here there is an interruption in the regularly-scheduled programming, since I started writing this post when I had a bit more free time (despite spending nearly full-time job hours on the whole campus labor-organizing thing). But then yesterday (Friday) Matt forwarded me an e-mail about a U-pick organic strawberry farm that needed an employee, and I called them, and they said hey, come out, and then I worked for five hours and basically agreed to work every day between now and the end of berry season. So... I'm going to bed.
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment