Wow! Life is really exciting! We found an apartment. Not the apartment of my dreams (which was too expensive and Matt thought it was too big and not cozy), but a pretty attractive one, with enough windows (though smaller ones) and actually one of the nicer kitchens we saw, all roomy(ish) and light and with lots of storage. So we signed the (overpriced, but not unaffordable) lease, and start moving and furniture-buying this weekend. We may have taken the art of combining craigslist garage sale notices with google-maps to a never-before-seen level of garage-sale route pre-planning.
And my job? Daunting. Terrifyingly complicated. I finally started Thursday, once they finished background-checking me, and even the training is totally nuts. It's really frightening to me how much freedom I'm going to have to just do stuff, but at the same time it's not like I shouldn't be the one doing it, because they certainly don't have any spare attorney time for it. So I ALREADY HAVE CASES and I START DOING PHONES AND INTAKE NEXT WEEK and there's this vast repository of information I should ALREADY KNOW--YESTERDAY. And the problems are so vast and so many that it's basically constant triage, total "go home and call us if you get an actual eviction notice or they actually stop paying you benefits or you get an actual court date and then we'll do something; those are our priorities." But the office itself seems incredibly friendly and relaxed. I think I'll like it. But right now I am really tired, and I have to go pick up my keys and start moving in.
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment