Monday, February 16, 2009
In which I play a rather unseasonable game, and have a marvelous time
Today I came down to dinner and found, along with the onion soup I'd been smelling for hours, that all thirteen of my housemates were there and had invited five guests between them! It was a wonderfully full table. Then after dinner, I climbed the stairs to find Veronica, Maxim, and Francois rolling their newly-purchased bocce balls around the second-floor hallway to find the low spots in the floor, while Trevor played "dueling banjos" as accompaniment. But it was clear we could never get a game in that way, so we decamped to the third floor, where I pulled out my long, narrow bedroom rug and set up a makeshift court in the hallway. The side railing, for your information, is "in," but the clothes-drying rack set up at the end of the rug is most definitely "out." And then I checked my e-mail to find that my mom had sent me a youtube video (which for some reason won't play on my computer), with no text in the body of the e-mail, just the subject: "flowing armpit hair in commercial!" What a lovely evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment