Thursday I took the afternoon off from work and wandered up to campus for a couple of meetings with professors to try to sort out the grad-school-applying plan. And now I need to write a statement of interests! and take the GRE's! And figure out which top-tier schools I should first apply to! RIGHT NOW!!!eleventy-one!!
Which might be inaccurate, and really the person with the most experience in the whole grad-school admissions thing (from the other side) seems totally relaxed about the whole thing, but after all it's my future not his, and it's all very well to say, yea, I think you should apply to 7 schools or so, starting with Harvard and working your way down (but holy shit! not very far down, apparently), but this is me we're talking about and that's a pile of money and also a lot of work and really wow, I don't know about this whole thing. I don't know about much, it turns out.
Anyway, I am endlessly shocked at the degree of confidence people seem willing to show in me, and extremely doubtful as to my ability (anyone's ability, ever?) to live up to it.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hahaha
Post a Comment