Saturday, October 24, 2009

In which I rest on my laurels

I took the GRE last weekend, and have done a grand total of NOTHING in the week following. Oh, except I made some carrot cupcakes with creamcheese frosting today, to bring to a dinner party tonight, and sometime I'll have to tell you the story of how I ended up with two new (to me) bikes. Ooh, and also read the first three books of the #1 Ladies' Detective Agency Series (I highly recommend). But mostly I took the GRE last weekend, and said "AAHHHHHHHH, I am VERY relieved." And pretty proud, actually, since I studied for this one, unlike every other standardized test ever, and though I haven't got my writing score yet, I figure 1580 on the multiple choice is nothing to scoff at.

So today I went for a grocery shopping bike ride in the pouring rain, and baked some cupcakes, and then when it dried up and got nicer I went for a walk to the library, and then read and drank a cappuccino, and later I will go eat some tamales. I will apply to grad school next week.

Also, did I tell you about how I ended up living in a Superfund site, and without a flashlight to my name? The most exciting thing all week: Matt's brewing thermometer shattered into a billion pieces in the middle of a batch of beer, and now we know a whole lot about EPA guidelines for cleaning up mercury from linoleum. And it was the coldest night in a while, perfect for leaving the windows open and fans on for 24 hours. And Matt didn't REALLY need his only nice pair of corduroys, and neither of us were super-attached to the socks we were wearing, or the broom that he started using on the floor before I was like STOP DOING THAT, or the kitchen sink rug, or the wind-up flashlight that we then had to use to see all the tiny balls of mercury all over the floor (and which of course ended up with mercury on it). HA!

No comments: