Today I finally did some housekeeping for the first time in quite a while, which was a huge relief to me. I mopped the kitchen floor, though it doesn't look any different, and generally picked up and swept.
And then I met my friend Aaron for drinks (he's going to Brown, right nearby! woo!). And on the way there I saw this cute woman walking her cute dog, which was a pretty good-sized dog. But in its mouth it had THE BIGGEST STICK. It could barely fit its mouth around the thing, and had to take a break and then pick it up again. Holding the stick in its mouth, this dog took up the ENTIRE SIDEWALK. It looked so proud! It made me smile.
And then on my way home, I stopped at the little co-op below my job to get some cilantro to put on top of dinner (hominy with beans, I made it earlier), and also some kale. And I'd had this thing happen before where I psych myself up to pay the (somewhat-to-absurdly high) posted price for their produce, and then I get to the register, and the people ring these things up as cheaper. And I've always figured I just missed something: the sign was per pound, not per bunch of kale, or there's a daily special, or something. But today I paid $3 instead of $5 for a bunch of organic kale and a bunch of conventional cilantro, I am completely certain. It makes me think I should shop here more frequently, and it puts me in a good mood.
Later I will try making these cookies.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment