Hey, you might not have noticed how self-centered I have been recently, perhaps because you are reading MY BLOG, so by definition you're prepared for this stuff. But I have been even more inwardly-directed than usual lately, with the whole traveling-to-schools and deciding-on-my-future and feeling-sorry-for-myself-because-my-boyfriend-is-moving-away and catching-up-on-work-frantically-because-i-never-really-go-anymore things. I flagged down one of my grad school references on the Commons today as I was heading back to the office after lunch, and we chatted for just a moment before I went back, and I left and was like wait, did I even ask this guy how he is doing? Did I comment on his impending retirement? Or have I gotten so used to professors, fairly famous people, actually, being totally focused on my grad school decisions that I am actually beginning to think that they are a legitimate topic of conversation?
But not, apparently, topics of blog posts recently. What's that, dear readers? I went to Princeton and didn't tell you? Yeah, well, there were things to be done! Discount groceries to be bought at the P&C going out of business down the street (this may actually need its own post, you guys)! Skirts to be hemmed to more flattering lengths because I have FINALLY come to my SENSES about my ability to wear mid-calf gathered-waist wool skirts without looking like Frumpy McStumperson! Secret surprise snacks to be baked for Matt's going-away pubcrawl tomorrow! And seeds to be started in plastic olive buckets that Matty brought home from work (I am so container-gardening this summer).
Anyway, I went to Princeton and I liked it a whole awful lot, in fact, and I might want to go there. Also, they have piles of cash. This is great, from a departmental perspective, and kind of icky, from an ever-feeling-comfortable-in-the-town-of-Princeton, N.J. perspective.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment