Wednesday, April 15, 2009

In which I am DONE! DONE! DONE!

Yea, today I handed a beautiful stack of bound 90-page documents in to the gov't office. I am having trouble concentrating on making a poster for the undergraduate research presentation reception tonight. (And yea, I have to make another poster, since this one can only be 1/3 the size of the other one. Eh.)

Also, on Monday Amartya Sen came to speak, and was of course brilliant and witty and an absolute joy. Last night George Pataki came, and because I have this compulsion about going to lectures, I got tickets and sat in a nearly-empty Bailey Hall and watched the College Republicans fawn and ground my teeth. I'm dumb like that. But most of campus is actually smarter than I thought, based on attendance at the two events. Sen's talk was the only one I've seen at Cornell that filled up a very large lecture hall with tons of overflow (people sitting in all the aisles, and several deep in the back). Usually we have pathetically low attendance to see great people (Julian Bond, anyone? I'm still surprised at that), so this was good to see. And Pataki? Yeah, I couldn't figure out why they even needed the security, unless it was to stop people running out when the bullshit overpowered them.

So tonight there's the undergraduate research thing and then a senior class reception at the art museum. And then tomorrow I get to start my GIANT final paper for my policy analysis class, and there's a dinner discussion with free pizza, and then pints with my much-neglected friends, and then it's big exciting birthday weekend.

Also, I think I'm headed to Boston next weekend for job interview. Will keep posted.