Saturday, January 9, 2010

In which I sleep until EIGHT. THIRTY. and other delightful things

So this week may have been the most stressful week at work ever, or maybe that was my slightly-messed-up sinuses talking. But now it's over, and I feel like I managed to do some healthy things instead of just curling up into a ball each night when I came home (okay, that was Monday. But I was REALLY tired).

Like, I put in an application to a free beginner yoga class that's being held in the studio downstairs from where I work. And I went out to watch the BCS game and have some drinks, even though it was a work night (yes, healthy-- one drink and hollering at tv's is generally healthier than sitting home fussing about how stressful tomorrow will be). And I finished ALL application stuff EVER. And went to the library and got out some books I'm excited about, and also retrieved my flash drive that I abandoned there Tuesday in a flurry of application stress. Oh! And I went to the senior center for a public H1N1 flu clinic, though no one had really gotten the memo that it was public and all the old folks in line were looking at me like I didn't really need the vaccine but just personally wanted them to die of swine flu (nevermind that I'm at some pretty serious risk of complications here, actually), and they gave me a different-colored sheet to fill out because I was under 50 (yes, not 15, 50) that had a line for my PARENT or GUARDIAN. But it was the only clinic that was even close to downtown, and it was also the only one I could skip enough work for (yes, they put them all between 9am and 6pm, and nearly all of them in a fairly small area several miles north of downtown Ithaca, in the winter. No, this is not accessible to...well, me, is what I'm getting at, but also other people sans cars, time off, or a primary care physician). But all's well that ends well, and I didn't even feel woozy afterwards, and now I feel INVINCIBLE, so you can stop worrying about me getting swine flu as I know you had been.

Ooh, and last night we weren't sure whether or not to go to this dinner party where we thought we'd be awkward, but we went anyway, and it turned out to just be three other couples we know and like, and we made some pizza and had lots of fun. Also, it was at a friend's recently-purchased house, which has an old corn crib in the backyard that's been repurposed into a wood-stove-heated sauna, so super-fun! I had never been in a sauna, but without that kind of warmth the walk home in six inches of rapidly-accumulated snow (in my work clothes) would've been a lot ickier.

And then I got home late, and finished watching the fifth Star Trek movie (I do NOT recommend, btw), and slept in late, and now I have genmai-cha (green tea with brown rice) and homemade bread with some Manchego. All good things!

1 comment:

Mum said...

i like this new computer!