Monday, January 18, 2010

In which there is a HEAT WAAAVE!

Wow, what nice weather this weekend! I was worried about the "wintry mix" on Sunday night, but it didn't freeze onto the roads at all. So the sidewalks are clear and the bike-riding was fabulous, and I swept off the porch and cleared out our muddy entryway without freezing to death. Which is great because now I can call our landlord and hassle him to make the lock on our door easier to fasten/unfasten without worrying he'll think we're slovenly.

Also, this weekend I watched a lot of football. Weird, no? Lately I watch more and more football.

And today I had the day off, so volunteered at the community MLKJ day luncheon, which was lovely-- got to serve food, see the speeches, make some friends, etc. Didn't feel like I'd lived here quite long enough to have a seat at the MLK memorial walkway planning workshop in the morning, but it was nice to support the people who are involved, you know?

And I think I might be getting small-toe bunions. This cannot be a shoe thing-- genetic, perhaps? A warning: do not googleimages "bunions" unless you have mentally prepared yourself.

And I think I'm going to try to give blood on Thursday, with Haitian relief efforts being the precipitating factor (but really I always meant to get back into it, but am forever putting it off). I think my iron has been fine for awhile now, and I looked up the UK residency rules and I think I should be fine (besides, COME ON, I DON'T EAT COWS!).

Also, M managed to make cheese successfully, so there's a tiny tiny wheel of cheese aging in my fridge. Yum.

No comments: