Sunday, May 2, 2010

In which I live alone, and work a lot.


Oh my, I forgot about the blog again. But mostly nothing too exciting the past few weeks, birthday party notwithstanding. I have been working a lot in hopes of finishing up my [national service program whose name I keep forgetting I'm not supposed to use online] commitment (I can feel that this is one of those things where I should probably just bail out, and stop stressing over it, and what are they going to do to me anyway, besides withholding the tiny education award I don't need? but whatever, I feel guilty, and also the last few weeks I've actually been feeling like I'm accomplishing something of value, which makes it a lot easier to put in the time). Taking a bunch of weeks off to check out schools and go to funerals means a whole lot of working in the summer.

Matt came to visit this weekend, and we did all sorts of fun summery things, like moving some of the little plants outside, and picking wild garlic mustard for cooking, and going to the Indian lunch buffet and then going outside and feeling really sick because of the heat. His goat cheese is pretty tasty, but not the most flavorful stuff ever. Obviously not his fault, but can you blame me for wishing he'd picked Lively Run to intern at instead?

Ah, and also I took this picture of my birthday earrings, and I have nothing to do with it but post it here, so:


No comments: