Tuesday, July 20, 2010

In which I am completely self-absorbed all over again

Dear readers, there are many ways in which I am not cut out for blogging. For one, I never even thought to memorialize the giant free pile on my curb. No time-lapse photographs of my stuff gradually going off to good homes! No pictures of my trip to the consignment store, or the empty empty apartment.

But there is one thing about blogging I have got down, and it is the complete laser focus on my own life. I no longer have a radio, so there isn't even NPR and the morning news to distract me from the impending move. All I can think of is moving! And through that lens, everything I do seems totally fascinating, completely imperative. People, I WENT TO THE RECYCLING CENTER this morning and dropped off my recycling, AND NOW I CAN MOVE TO BOSTON! Are you getting this down? Wooo! Anyway, this is my thought process. You can imagine how fun I am at work (couple this with the fact that I have now worked off my indentured servitude and am actually just volunteering for a couple of days, and you get some sense of just how tolerant my fellow AmeriCorps are being).

The other thing that can hold my attention is How to Decorate the New Apartment, and I have many ideas on this topic as well. I am thinking of making one of these little fabric flag bunting things for the bedroom, and got some awesome fabrics for it at SewGreen. I will miss that place terribly.

No comments: