But people, people, it is NOT MY FAULT. This time I finally went outside to investigate that sound that was
not quite my neighbor's loud shower and a guy riding past on his bike pointed to the propane tank sitting on the curb down the street, hissing loudly. So I mean, I could've just gone over and tried to shut it off, reasoning that someone had picked up the free grill that had been there earlier and not been careful about the tank as they left it there. But I mean, I didn't feel like getting exploded. So I called them and said, hey can I just go turn this off, is there a knack to not getting blown up by propane tanks? And they said, ever-professional, "well, we'll just come take a look at it. and it's anonymous and everything." Little snitch me, of course, hadn't even considered that someone might be upset that I called the fire department about their front-yard bomb. Anyway, I left it in their capable hands, tried not to peek out my windows like an angry old lady, and then went for a walk down by the falls to enjoy the cooler evening weather.


There are a lot of things I will not miss about Ithaca, but the stunning natural beauty tucked into little corners within a mile of my apartment, I probably will. And Viva, which is a piece of natural beauty in and of itself. Also, vegan coconut soft-serve. This, I will miss.
Oh, did I mention that I dyed my hair again a couple of weeks ago? It was less shockingly bright this time, which was a bit of a disappointment:

Also, the move went wonderfully well, and the apartment is nicer than I'd thought, and the backyard is lovely, and I think I will like the neighborhood. Now I am slowly getting rid of the dregs of our household stuff, and getting ready to visit Roch for a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment