Thursday, July 1, 2010

In which I solicit new blog names

Dear readers! As I'm sure you suspected from my blogular absence, exciting things have been happening! I went down to Boston to look for an apartment, and came back empty-handed! I stopped home for the weekend to celebrate a belated father's day! I rented an apartment sight unseen!

Okay, the last bit's only sort of true--I've seen pictures, I've e-mailed with the current tenant, and I've spoken on the phone with both the tenant and the landlord. And I'm actually just signed on for a summer sublet right now, which rolls into a full-year lease September 1. So if I show up and everything's been a lie, I'm not totally trapped.

And so I'm moving there, frighteningly soon. Like, potentially-next-weekend-oh-man-I-need-to-reserve-a-truck sort of soon. Wow! I'm going to drive all my stuff down there, I think, and then come back and camp pathetically in my apartment while I finish up work.

Which, speaking of work-- I have so little time left at work! My last day is July 22nd! And actually, I only have like 60 more hours left to work in that time, in order to fulfill my AmeriCorps commitment. So I have time to do ridiculous stuff like pack up my entire apartment and move to Boston mid-July. Wow! Wowie!

1 comment:

Jamie Crist said...

Hmm...that's a tough one. Do you stick with the tried and true, e.g. The Boston Projects, or do you come up with something different? Perhaps The Beantown Projects? Well, maybe not. I'm sure you'll come up with something!