
And then here we go:
I know, I know, always with the zombie haircut pictures.In other news: not a lot of news! Lots of Olympics-watching and lounging around on the weekends and trying not to think about (recently-extremely-frustrating-and-also-bad-air-quality-having) work.
- Yesterday on my way to work, I finally had my big fall of the winter. I'd been so careful, and I'd been tut-tutting about how the landlord of the house on our corner was going to kill someone by not clearing the sidewalks, but I hadn't called them in to the city (in Ithaca, homeowners are responsible for keeping the sidewalks clear, but the laws aren't actually ENFORCED, silly...). And then yesterday a little dusting of snow obscured the fact that their sidewalk was ENTIRELY ICE, and I flew up in the air and landed on my side and have crazy bruises. Takeaway point: it's good this happened to me, because I take multivitamins and drink milk and am generally not so fragile. If I were older/more physically limited, I'd be homebound in this town in the winter. Boo. (Epilogue: I was going to call the city on them, but when I got home the sidewalk was clear. Finally.)
- I did get into Princeton and Yale. And the whole thing is real overwhelming, and I need to call a bunch of folks and schmooze and set up travel plans, &c. &c. But I've been a bit slow on doing these things. This week, though, I'll get it together.
- Making what Matt calls "Cabbage-N" for dinner: I used to make cabbage and noodles for myself alone, but now he suddenly likes it so we get to eat even more butter than previously. Wooo.

No comments:
Post a Comment